SWCC VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
We have listed a few areas where volunteers are needed. To help in any of these areas please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers are needed for our Annual Back To Nature Festival.
- Volunteers are needed for research on Hot Topics.
- We need photos and videos of our events, forums, etc. Nature bases photos are requested for the Home page of our website.
- July 5 Beach Clean Up
- Each year volunteers pick up fireworks trash on the beaches of South Walton. Approximately 100 to 130 bags of trash are removed from our beautiful beaches. These bags are hauled away by the regular Tourist Development Council trash pickup crew. The TDC also furnishes the trash bags, gloves and bottled water for the cleanup.
- Growth Management
- Our Growth Management Committee meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Coastal Branch Library. This group, headed by Bill Bard, works with Walton County to insure that growth in South Walton County continues to reflect the needs of the citizens without harming the environment.
- Back to Nature
- We begin planning in February for our annual Back To Nature Festival in mid-October. In 2009, under the chairmanship of Chandra Hartman, the festival was bigger and better than ever. We added new events to the roster, and Family Fun Day completely filled the green amphitheater at Seaside with booths of all kinds, wonderful live music, and children's games that continued throughout the day. Seaside and the Tourist Development Council helped us by paying many of our expenses.
- Annual Sea Turtle Fest